Terms & Conditions
- Auction Chamber is not limited to only promoting antiques and collectibles. From time to time various second hand items will be listed for auction.
- Whilst we strive to promote an unreserved auction, reserve prices may apply on selected items. The bidder will be notified after the auction where the reserve price is not met and will have the option to accept or reject the reserve price.
- The highest bidder is the buyer and your bid forms a binding agreement.
- 10% Buyers commission applies to the final hammer price. This will automatically be added to your invoice upon checkout.
- Your bid is final and cannot be withdrawn. Be sure to read the description and view all the photos before placing a bid.
- Photos form part of the description, and imperfections will be photographed.
- Bids are subject to registration. Registration is free, a service we provide in good faith and we expect you to honor your commitment when you place and win a bid.
- By registering you agree to receive notifications via email, Whatsapp broadcast and Webpush notifications.
- Your personal details are kept safe and secure and will not be disclosed to any third-party, nor used for any purpose other than auction notifications and administrative purposes.
- Bid starting prices and increments are determined by the auctioneers and are at sole discretion of Auction Chamber.
- Bids placed in the last 3 min will automatically trigger a time extension of a further 2 min, and this will continue until there are no further bids.
- Auction Chamber reserves the right to withdraw a lot, extend auction time and/or date or to stop an auction at any given time should it be deemed necessary.
- Selected items scheduled to end on a specific day may be moved up with a date extension without prior notice.
- Selected items will have a “Buy Now” option. Bids can be placed on the item or the item can be bought at a fixed price listed. Should the item be bought, bids placed on the item will be null avoid.
- RELISTING: Occasionally we will relist an item and will be tagged as “RELISTING”.
- Bargain Buy – an online shop for out of hand sales. Bargain Buy items are subject to 10% buyers commission and online payment.
Proxy Bids Explained & How it Works
- You enter a secret maximum bid amount for each item you are interested in.
- The auction system automatically bids on your behalf, whenever you are outbid.
- The system bids the minimum amount necessary to keep you in the top-bidder position, but only until your maximum proxy bid is reached. Thereafter you will be notified you have been outbid, and if you want, place a higher proxy bid.
- Confirmation of your winning bid/s will be sent via email, with a “PAY NOW” link for online payment.
- Payment is required within 24 hours after closing of auction using one of the following payment methods below;
- Pay Now – Online Payment: Proceed to checkout and follow instructions to fulfill your online payment through our Yoco gateway system.
- EFT payment: Where no online payment is received post auction, an invoice will be sent the following morning. Use your reference number on the invoice as reference. Proof of payment to be emailed to: [email protected] or Whatsapp 064 725 4336.
- Our online auction platform is not a playground, but intended for serious buyers. Your winning bid is final, and you have an obligation to fulfill payment of the final hammer price plus 10% buyers commission.
- Failure to make payment for your goods will result in the following:
- Your account will be deactivated – you will not be able to place future bids.
- Your IP address will be flagged – blacklisted and blocked as a scammer.
- You will be reported as a fraudulent buyer.
- We allow you to participate in our auction without asking for a registration fee upfront; this is done in good faith. We will NOT tolerate fraudulent buyers
Collection, Courier & Delivery
- Members will be notified by whatsapp when the parcel is ready for collection. Please do not collect before you have received a notification. Processing of orders take 2 business days unless an arrangement is made in advance.
- We can arrange courier via Pudo locker-to-locker, Postnet or Courier Guys, alternatively you are welcome to arrange your own courier service.
- There is a surcharge for packaging goods; we will provide you with a quotation. Packaging surcharge applies regardless if you arrange your own courier collection.
- Delivery can be arranged for locations within Gauteng.
- Should you require additional wrapping for your fragile goods, please be aware there will be an extra cost depending on the materials used to package your goods. Additional wrapping on request.
- Goods to be collected within 7-days. Failure to collect goods without prior arrangements will result in additional storage fees and/or items will be forfeited and re-auctioned, at the sole discretion of Auction Chamber.
- Should the buyer be unable to collect in person, please notify Auction Chamber.
- Delivery and courier costs will be for the buyers account. Contact Auction Chamber for a quotation.
- Goods will not be released without full payment for goods, packaging and/or courier/delivery.
- Courier of goods will be done once a week (Fridays) unless prior arrangements have been made. Own couriers to collect on Fridays only
- PLEASE NOTE: We make every effort to package your goods as best we can, however there is always the risk of damage or lost parcels using a courier service. Courier Guys do not take responsibility neither do they insure second hand goods. If you opt to insure your parcel, we recommend using Postnet. The insurance is an additional cost. The risk of damage or lost parcels will be your liability, not that of Auction Chamber.
Refunds & Returns
- No refunds or returns are permitted. Items are sold as is. Auction Chamber will describe the lot and its condition to the best of our ability. Photos form part of the description. It is the bidder’s responsibility to view the goods and read the full description before placing a bid. If you’re unsure, contact us in advance.
- All bids are final and may not be cancelled.
- Auction Chamber shall not be held liable for error or misstatement made in the description of an item, there photos form part of the description.
How it works:
- To bid on a lot, register or login.
- Browse and bid!
- You will be notified by email if you are outbid
- Auction ends at the specified time. Highest bidder is the buyer.
- Winning bidders can pay online or by EFT.
- Payment within 24 hours.
- Wait for notification “Order is Ready for Collection”
- Collect your goods or we will deliver/courier upon arrangement.
- See full Terms & Conditions page
Auction Chamber Location
1 McLean Street
At Auction Chamber we take pride in offering a diverse array of items that span eras, styles, and cultures. From rare and exquisite heirlooms to quirky and captivating curiosities, our online platform is a community of enthusiasts, collectors and dealers.